Mar 1, 2009

Spring and hope are around the corner


This is the second week Papa is at the hospital. This past week, there were some highs and lows. He got fever from his white cells and his immune system disappearing. There were three difficult days when he couldn't eat anymore and was really weak.
But since yesterday, apart from a bit of fever, he is doing great. Eating a lot and speaking a lot, which is not usual for my dad, especially on the phone! But this is the only link he has with the outside world and that link was challenged again!!! It is almost impossible to get him directly on the phone, we have to go through the hospital central system. You know, like in the old time? I was picturing an operator lady putting plugs in a wall...
So today I spent half a hour speaking with him and got yelled at by my mom when I called her after! The nerve! I wasn't to hang out at my dad's nose, right? She was not happy because my sis was trying to reach my dad and couldn't. Well, I am the one being thousands of miles away so...
Good news are he should be out on wednesday or friday! I can't wait and so does he, he feels like he is in jail.

In other news, Spring is starting to show the shy end of his nose!! Little leaves, tender green, little buds on trees. Even though it is still freezing and snowing...I was sick all week with a kind of flu but I feel way better now and ready to go back to work. Be ready to be amazed because my head is full of ideas and it will be like a firework!

Last but not least, my Discipline coat was featured on Capitola Girl site and I am so proud because she has bad ass taste! So check out her blog and all the beautiful creations featured there.

Capitola Girl


No comments: